Thursday, March 13, 2008

Impulse Buying

The title isn't really accurate on this one, I have had plans for a while to buy a new vacuum cleaner, oooooooooh . . . it was more just a matter of timing. As previous mentioned I check on Woot as part of my morning routine (sometimes I take a gander if I am up at 11 PM) to see what their daily offering is. Yesterday they happened to have a Dyson DC07 on sale. It's yellow, it sucks.


I am looking forward to having a bagless system known for picking up significantly more munge without spewing it out the other end. Deb offered to switch weekly cleaning tasks with me pending the arrival of the new vacuum, but scrubbing the bathroom and kitchen are part of the fine print of her lease agreement.

I managed to book a place to stay for Masters' Worlds in Austria this summer. Now all I have to do is find 3-5 other people to split it with me so I don't go completely broke between lodging costs and the lagging dollar. The details for this trip are all coming together nicely. I'll stay with Becca, Jan, and the nieces and nephew outside of Geneva for about a week before taking the train to St. Johann. This year again, I'll be spending a few days in Munich after Worlds, with nothing to do but kick around and see the sights. Then it is back to work for me with no legitimate vacation time remaining until 2009. Not too bad a price to pay for three solid weeks of vacation and travel.

3 comments:

Velovera said...

Jealous of vacuum.

Not to bum you out, but did you see the dollar yesterday? 1.557!! Ouch, that beer in Munich is going to cost a lot and a cup of tea in Geneva will be far more than the $7 I paid in November. Need to find cheap places to travel. I hear S. Korea is great!

Rocky Mountain Bicycles Elite Cycling Team said...

Hey Seth,
I've gotta know how much you paid on Woot...we just picked one up.

Courtney

Seth Rubin said...

It was an absolute steal at $219.99 + $5 shipping.