Monday, December 29, 2008

Crazy Times

Sunday was supposed to be warm and windy, it ended up being sort of warm and not so much windy. I headed out for a ride with Joey Brenner, intending on hitting the flat to rolling parts of town to the south and east, before looping back home. We headed from my house towards Cherry Creek Reservoir and onto Meridian. From there, we kept going south to Daniels Park which has some lovely, larger homes sitting on postage stamp sized lots and quite a few of them are unsold due to price, location, and the economy. There are some unique statues scattered throughout the neighborhood, likely to replace the wildlife displaced by the development of the land.

I promise you would have had the exact same thought as I did approaching this one and you would have acted on that thought, just as I did. I'm not sure how the scale was on this buffalo compared to real life, but it was big.


There were some caribou/elk looking things a few blocks later, but we decided to pass them by and checked out the rest of the 'hood before looping back through Highlands Raunch. We worked on some power, hitting the Highline Canal path which was still snow covered and muddy in places. Nothing like trying to ride through peanut butter . . .

When we got back to my house, I thought Dempsey was feeling left out so he put on his jersey, but dogs don't ride bikes. Nice knowing that new clothing is on the horizon.


I have been having fun looking at the new construction jobs in the neighborhood, seeing who is doing what. There is one that caught my eye in two different locations on Pennsylvania. The developer is doing the exact same duplex twice, separated by about four blocks. It is pretty decent looking with some stone and wood on the front, but their use of standing seam roofing on just the front face of the roof is so cheesy, I can't help but laugh every time I pass. Joey summed it up perfectly yesterday, saying, "Wow, that's the architectural equivalent of a comb over . . ." Well played sir, bravo.

No comments: