Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Toys

Sometimes the impulse purchases are for me, sometimes the dog has his day too. Dempsey was treated to a new ball yesterday for his good behavior and for being a good pal. That and I feel trapped, being confined to the strip of well lit park when there is plenty of other park space where we could play in the morning and evening hours . . . if Dempsey didn't lose the ball in the dark.


The ball, besides having some of the cheesiest packaging I have seen in a while, is pretty well made. It has a nice weight to it, so it doesn't feel like you are throwing a ping pong ball. Unlike some of the other lighted balls out there, it has a rubber shell so it bounces like a ball should. I'll work on getting some action shots, but Dempsey tends to disappear in the shadows.

The new "toys" I have coming my way aren't nearly as exciting. I've been doing a bit of light fixture shopping for the garage and backyard lighting. These just came in for either side of the "man" door:


And this one is on the way for above the door on the back of the house:


I was shooting for something in the neighborhood of a classic barn light, but anything under $300 basically looked like a trash can lid on an arm with a light bulb coming out of the bottom. Word on the street is that I'll have the concrete apron by the end of the day.

No comments: