Friday, December 12, 2008

Weekend Look Ahead

In a break from my usual riding habits, I'll be getting out during the chilly hours for a group ride with the new teammates up in Boulder on Saturday. My rule of thumb in the past has been if it isn't above 40 and the sun isn't out, I'll go to plan B during the off-season. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) my new teammates are either tougher than I am or they come from climates that make Boulder in 25 degree weather look downright balmy. The plan is to hit whatever roads aren't icy for a couple hours and then drink some coffee, discuss the upcoming season, and whatnot. The highlight of the day will be checking out the Louis Garneau clothing for next year. The sizing kit came in, so we can figure out how the new clothing fit will be and what to order.

The team has done a great job lining up sponsorship and getting the details hammered out for 2009. It is nice having a positive source of motivation for the long trainer season in the basement. I've quietly been getting in my nightly workouts done, cursing loving every minute of it. We'll see what the next test results show, but in the end it should all be worth it.

Speaking of the end, the end is near! The weather promises to warm up enough for me to pour the remaining bit of concrete for the garage project and not have it freeze before curing. With any luck, I'll able to park my car in the pretty building in the backyard. With any more luck, I'll have permanent electricity in the garage shortly, then it is party in the garage time.

No comments: