Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Finally

I've been waiting on good weather, enough of a window to get some concrete poured for the apron between the alley and my garage . . . you know, that little piece required for me to be able to drive my car into said garage. It was formed up a little while back and there were a few days that were marginally warm enough, followed by some days in the teens. Yesterday it got poured and then blanketed to keep it warm enough to cure properly, fortunately between the warm and wind, it should be good to go. Now, I will really be able to park in the garage next time the snow comes down.

The time has come to book the ticket for Masters' Worlds in Austria for 2009. Amazingly, I am back up to over 50,000 frequent flier miles on United so I might as well book it before they change the requirements and/or get rid of the program all together. Once again, I'm headed back over the pond for a couple weeks of riding, racing and being a tourist. That should provide another couple days worth of motivation to ride the trainer.

Really now, is there anything else I could ask for prior to the end of '08?

No comments: