Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Foiled

I got a postcard/coupon in the mail for a new Mediterranean place over by DU called Garbanzo and started thinking about how many Middle Eastern places there are within a one mile radius, centered just east of DU. Dinking around some with google maps, I was able to create (so I though) a map with place markers for the eight existing restaurants. The map didn't save unfortunately . . .

Doing some more digging, I found out Garbanzo is a Panera venture. Now why would I want to eat there when I could go to any number of places very, very close by (as close as across the street) and have the real thing? I took a look at the menu for Garbanzo and wasn't really impressed with what I saw, especially knowing the menus at Jerusalem, Pita Jungle, Marrakech, Damascus, and so on. I wish them the best of luck, in the mean time, I'll wait for somebody else to be the test monkey.

Speaking of monkeys and knows quantities. In the latest woot-off, there was a detour over to Wine.Woot for the Penfolds Shiraz I picked up a few months back. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to pick up some more.


Some of the bottles have become a bit more difficult to find, at least that was my justification for the purchase. I do have a birthday coming up, if I don't treat myself well, who will?

On the cycling team front, things continue to get more exciting even though it is the off season. There is talk of getting together to meet the new teammates, including some new additions just inked. Everything is coming together very nicely thanks to a lot of hard work that everybody is putting in this year. Much more to come, the ordering of goodies is about to begin!

No comments: