Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pad

Such a lovely sight . . . freshly screeded concrete in the afternoon sun. As the concrete is curing in the backyard, there really is no turning back now! I met up with Duane yesterday to take a last look at the materials bid for all the lumber needed to frame the garage. That's looking good and I should be able to schedule my delivery in the next week or so, giving the pad some time to cure before putting anything on it. With any luck, I'll be able to frame all of the walls and get the roof trusses up and sheeted before too long.


Although with the control joints in place, it really would make a good four square court or a great backyard basketball court.


Another shot for perspective, this garage is going to be pretty big.


And from the other side . . .


Part of the project is going to be replacing the non-exterior grade siding product on the addition (the white thing) with the same materials as I will be using to side the garage. It will be a cement based siding product that should last for the ages and hopefully give the garage a somewhat attractive look. Kitt's suggestion for windows on the side facing the house has been in the plans from the get go. I'll have two windows and the man-door on the east face of the garage and significant landscaping to soften the look of the structure.

I have continued collecting the remaining bids necessary to finish the project off and the sliding scale budget has not strayed too terribly far from what I originally thought. I likely won't provide pictures of concrete curing, so back to the other blog topics for a while . . .

No comments: