Friday, October 17, 2008

This Should Be Good . . .

In the past couple weeks, there has been some joking around about me potentially jumping in a cyclocross race as opposed to being an innocent bystander. I poo-pooed the idea since I lack experience and skill, blah, blah, blah. Then I noticed that my ACA license says I am a Cat 4 for cross . . . game on!

I will be racing on the old Moots which has been long ignored since getting into the whole road racing scene. I've been spending some much time on the road training as opposed to dinking around on the trail, I wouldn't be surprised if the bike throws me off out of spite and/or jealousy. So far as I know the tires hold air and the bike shifts. I need to put some air in the fork so it isn't super spongy and make sure I can still lock it out as necessary.

The lead up to the race might be the most amusing part. I am getting some pointers from Scott this afternoon. He will have been to happy hour already so I can only hope he will be brown bagging it in the park, telling me to "ride with the fear" or some other such nonsense. I have gotten tips from people already ranging from "wear a cup for the remounts because you are going to be awful at it" to "maybe you should wear some waterwings and any other padding you can to protect you from yourself and others" . . . good times and thank everybody, real helpful.

If you are in the neighborhood of Xilinx tomorrow come check out the race.

No comments: