Thursday, October 2, 2008

Photo Editing Fun

Sadly, I have not even begun to explore the possibilities of uses for my computer. The iMac can do far more than I usually use it for and even the simple software that Apple provides has some pretty neat tools. The images below were stitched together in the clunkiest method I could think of. Not really, but who'd a thought to use Excel as the canvas for dragging pictures around? I couldn't come up with anything else quickly that would let me position each individual shot. Even better, I can print straight to my iPhoto album, go me.


Once the image is in iPhoto, there are all sorts of adjustments and tweaks possible through color, tones, hues, exposures, and effects. I kept it somewhat simple, but there were somethings that could be done even in this basic environment that results in some pretty cool looking images.


Since I don't have anything beyond a point and shoot camera on the digital side of things, I might go old school and break out the SLR that uses real film, requiring a development process to make the images show up . . . weird.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

A point-and-shoot is all I have, and it takes some pretty nice pictures. While I'm tempted to get a fancier dSLR, I know I wouldn't carry it with me all the time as I do the pocket camera.

I think your pictures look very nice stitched together like that. Creative use of software!