Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Permitted

It is official, I have a building permit. Since I paid for it (really should be them since there are two) and gave $100 to Denver Waste Water, I suppose I might as well build the garage as planned. I am not going to lie an say the permit process is seamless, smooth, or even easy, but it isn't really that bad. What is done is done, the rest is now up to me . . .

There were a few minor issues that needed adjustment, first being that the maximum height for an accessory building is 15' and my garage plan called for a 16' roof peak. That is nothing major in the grand scheme of things, a quick truss redesign later and I'm good to go with a few inches to spare.


The other issue was position on the lot. I initially thought about putting it closer to the lot line, but because of bulk plane restrictions, I had to shift things more to the center. All in all, not a bad thing, it gives me some options for the strip to the north of the garage. I think Dempsey will have his dog run there.

I am waiting on a few more numbers to come in, but it is getting close to the time I will have to start thinking about taking the back fence down so everything can happen. It is a bit of a frightening prospect having full alley exposure for a while, but such is life and having a garage will be good.

No comments: