Friday, May 16, 2008

Cooked

I woke up this morning feeling a little more satisfied with my night of sleep as compared to the night before, but aspects of the day yesterday were a struggle. I managed to throw a leg over the bike and turn the pedals a couple times, but I kept the workout on the lighter side. This shot was just to have proof that I was awake last night after the sun went down despite all desires to go to bed at 8:00 PM.


I had to chuckle yesterday when Todd from No Hassle Fence Company showed up to collect payment for the fence in the backyard. What does it mean if your fencing contractor drives a BMW M3 convertible?


I gave him the requisite grief called for by the situation and got the logical "no wife and/or kids" explanation. It also turns out that Todd used to race mountain bikes for the Giant Factory Team so he got to make fun of me for the number of bikes at my house.

This morning seemed like as good a morning as any to make use of the remaining buttermilk I had in the refrigerator to bake some biscuits. I was too lazy to grab the camera or the phone to take pictures, but they looked like good, fluffy biscuits. I opted for square this time instead of round, oh the options. I was going to grab a biscuit photo off the web to fill in the blanks, but everybody goes for round it seems. I did find some good reading for the day though and some good links and recipes for the future. Food for music for thought . . .


1 comment:

I am Brian said...

I think octagon shaped biscuits taste the best.