Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A New Personal Best

Despite the rain early in the day, conditions at Cherry Creek turned out to be pretty good. There wasn't much wind, but there was a small river flowing across the road, not in the usual spot at the "wetlands" but just before that. Nothing like hitting water of an unknown depth at 29+ MPH on tires that are only 21mm wide.

I hit my goal for the series which was to break the 21:30 mark. The time last night was 21:27 . . . a new personal best. It also kept my streak alive of going faster each subsequent week. I hope to keep that up for the last two weeks and I think there is more speed to be found. While conditions were fast last night, they weren't the best of the best because of the flooding.

My coach is a jerk and by jerk, I mean he rides really fast. Mike was finally back in town and out at Cherry Creek last night. He beat me by 1.7 seconds according to the results which goes to show his theories are correct. When you come back from a 5-day stage race you're either flying or dying. He chose the former.

Dempsey hit the jackpot this morning at the tennis courts. We arrived to find a pile of tennis balls on the far side of the court. I let Dempsey run around like a madman amongst the balls while I picked up some trash left on the court as well. He tried to pick up all the balls at once and when that failed he moved them from one side of the net to the other.

1 comment: