Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Scoop!

If I type fast enough, I think I can scoop my other neighborhood food bloggers on Pajama Baking Company. I stopped by yesterday, mid-morning after seeing the sign on the door the night before saying they would be open at 10:00.

Selection looked pretty good, but there are some spaces still to be filled in cases before PBC is open for regular hours. I wasn't in a loaf buying mood at the time so I will have to go back later and sample more of the wares, but I was a little surprised that they weren't trying to pimp out all of the goods to people like me who wandered in off the street. One of the counter peeps did encourage me to try every flavor of ice cream. They will have phenomenal ice cream sales. All flavors were good, but the ice cream with chunks of banana and chocolate was outstanding. I foresee summer evenings of me walking to PBC for a scoop, followed by a scoop of gelato at Nosh.

I opted for a double shot of espresso and a cookie for lunch, truly the lunch of champions. Nobody knew what the cookie second from the left was, but I went with it anyways. Oatmeal raisin with golden raisins instead of regular ones is a genius move. It gives the cookie similar flavor but a completely different look. The espresso was one of the better shots I have had in a while outside of the Brenner house. I'll stop by this afternoon for my pre-TT double (or quadruple depending on the weather) shot for sure.

My goal for this afternoon is to keep the streak going out at Cherry Creek. I have ridden faster each subsequent week so far. Hopefully the weather will hold out this afternoon, otherwise it will be a very wet race, see 4/25/07.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

That is a scoop! I just walked by there about 1 p.m. today (Wednesday) and there were workers and construction going on, so I didn't even stop to see if they were open for business. I'll go back tomorrow! (Came here via Denveater's link.)