Friday, May 23, 2008

In to the ________ (n.) - A Mad Lib

Despite all kinds of funky weather patterns throughout the state, we are forging ahead ________ (adv.), full steam ahead to Durango! Saturday's race will be from Durango to ________ (place), with significant climbing to break up the bunch. The weather is going to make for __________ (adj.) conditions. I am definitely going to have to bring my _________ (n.) to keep from getting _________ (v. past tense). This is going to be like __________ -ing (v.) a __________ (adj.) ___________ (n.)!

At least I have a dozen cookies to bring along for the drive down yonder. Brian, Jessica and I are heading out of town at noon-thirty today and I'm sure we'll encounter all weather conditions along the way, plenty of pictures to follow.

The weather for the road race tomorrow is not at all promising, but I bet the sun comes out when it is time to leave Durango to come back home. The Iron Horse Inn, our base of operations, looks to have all the luxury one could want and stellar facilities.

The team set me up with the rest of the clothing, items I didn't really expect to need until next winter like thermal vest, full dry suit, fluffy knit leg warmers circa 1982, expedition weight base layer, four-season tent, and a choose your own adventure style murder mystery. If anything I'll be well prepared.

Esteemed Blog Readers, it has been nice knowing you. If I do not make it back alive, speak of me well.
- Seth

No comments: