Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fitness in the Modern World

I have to follow in the footsteps (pun fully intended) of Hutchison's post today, you have to scroll down past the herpes part to the bit about FitFlops. Now you can take your fitness to an all new level with your Wii gaming system, I kid you not! This stuff is for real, it works . . . check the results for yourself. Out of curiosity, do kids still go to the park and play those "actual reality" games like basketball or capture the flag?

This all makes me want to get the American Cycling Association Fantasy League rolling (will the puns ever end?) so I won't have to "actively" race anymore. I want to be able to pick my riders and let the season unfold, tracking my results and abilities as a bike racer from the comfort of my desk chair. I have the software from the Derby Party to make odds for races, any takers?

Look! It is almost a duplex. I think they started framing sometime last year, by the time they get done, the housing slump will be over. The framer does not work if there is a threat of rain apparently.


The front yard is greening up nicely, but I think it is time to get some more mulch. I will be selling gym memberships to people so they can come over and shovel mulch into place and get fit at the same time.


In the grand scheme of things, I guess whatever it takes to get people thinking about their fitness and help is a good thing, but wouldn't a slap to the back of the head be more appropriate?

No comments: