Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Iron Horse - The Crit

After killing the day waiting until 5:30 to race, we raced. As expected it went pretty quick from the gun. I didn't expect people to be fighting so hard for position on lap one. There was a lot of unnecessary bumping and shoving early in the race. We shelled a few people pretty quickly, some attacks came and went, nothing stuck until Wells and Wherry were off the front. I am getting to be a little better in the crit game, look at how I am mirroring Brian's positioning almost perfectly, minus being able to fold myself in half.


I tried to get my Native mojo going earlier in the day, but I don't think it helped, notice the inside foot is up . . .


I hope somebody has a picture of when I grazed my left pedal and made sparks fly in corner number three. It was pretty impressive as it really was just a light brush of pedal on ground, nothing significant enough to even alter my line.

Ask Steve Forbes what happened towards the end of the race when he sat up in corner number one and gapped me something fierce. I finished with my skin and had a good laugh at Steve's misery after the fact.

Since we were downtown already, I put in a call to our very own Durango Resident to find out where were should go for Mexican food . . . she shoots, she scores . . . Gazpacho hit the spot, we barely had enough room for ice cream after. Unfortunately we were on loser cyclist schedule which meant come dark it was time seek the shelter of laziness and we were on the way home when they were headed to the restaurant. A midmorning TT start time meant getting up reasonable early, plus we had a long drive ahead of us after.

1 comment:

KarmaTee said...

Seriously, judging how much you enjoyed an event by how much skin you have left on your body... you guys are NUTS. Was cool to see you, though!