Saturday, February 2, 2008

Don't leave home without . . .

Your spurs? Why oh why does the camera on the phone fail me at times like these? I was walking through the Whole Foods in Cherry Creek, minding my own business when I saw the most interesting get up I've seen in a long time. It took a while for my organic, gluten free cookie starved mind to register that this woman was wearing her riding outfit (refer back to my comments about snooty riding country) complete with spurs. For those of you western types, English spurs don't jingle. They are simple studs for applying that special extra bit of motivation to the side of your horse when simple leg pressure is not enough. I was hoping that she would break out a riding crop and beat on her boyfriend some for bringing back non-organic produce. Spurs? Really?

Let's talk about the weather. I am a big fan of the rare, winter, thunder snow storm. It started coming down last night on the way home from Sushi Den and then the rumbling started. I have no idea if the storm was supposed to be close, but the thunder had a bit of extra thump to it. The evidence left suggested a spring like storm with corn snow and a good bit of moisture. No riding outside for me today.

A few of us are headed to the annual Red Hot Fevah party, hosted by some women who know at least half of Denver. I am always amazed by the social circles I sometimes stumble upon. Crashing a party at Dana Crawford's loft probably has to be the highlight of my social career and I can only give Melisa a nod on that one, kudos! All I know about this party walking into it is that the theme is red, beyond that I'm flying blind . . . in red shoes.

I was hoping to get out and ride this weekend, but it is not all that warm and I can't ride down my street, I don't roll under those conditions. There is always tomorrow and there is always the trainer as a back up. I am trying to find some extra motivation to continue to train well, enter the season well prepared, and improve on last year's results. There have been changes from last year and more to come.

For now, I've got the fevah and the only cure is . . .

No comments: