Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wow!

Who didn't spend some quality Saturday mornings with Zack, Kelly, Slater and Screech? That's right, I'm talking about "Saved by the Bell" . . . a classic in our own time. Nothing defined the early 90's teen experience that nobody (and I mean nobody) had better than this show. I didn't know anybody who had friends like Screech, except maybe the kids on "Family Matters" who had Urkel. Their experiences in school were so far fetched and contrived, I don't even want to talk about it.

In my very own version of "Where are They Now?" I have to highlight the fact that Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) is a Cat 2 cyclist.


This is not some celebrity lookalike random coincidence I am talking about here. This is your man, Zack Morris, NYPD Blue's very own Detective John Clark, co-star on upcoming TNT TV series Raising the Bar . . . need I continue?

I am not sure how Hutchison and I missed his name in the start list, but that still would not have put him high up on our list of favorites for the pre-race wagers. I give Mr. Gosselaar the respect due for moving up the cycling ranks and having what it takes to hold a Cat 2 license. It takes a certain level of fitness and dedication to make it there and to even want to show up to race. On top of it all, he's married and has a couple kids and I'm assuming, still works actively in Hollywierd.

What I do want to talk about, not to discredit the efforts of the aforementioned actor, is the number of Colorado Cat 2s that finished behind this guy in yesterday's road race at Valley of the Sun. I'll leave out names and I won't even post the link to the results, but you know who you are! The only way to redeem yourselves now is to send me some pictures, get an autograph for me!

2 comments:

Notorious B.I.L. said...

So...Zack! That was pretty funny. You have brought back the entertainment in blogging. Thanks for making me feel loved by posting, but crushing my heart when you made it clear to me that it was just out of boredom. P.S. If you looked as good as Zack I would be your friend, but you are NOT!

Notorious B.I.L. said...

What about Tim Faia.