Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Safety First!

Workplace safety is a very serious issue, not a laughing matter, unless you are a TV Public Service Announcement producer in Canada. Take a look at this. You have to browse around a little bit, but navigate to the TV spots. I recommend downloading them so you can view them uninterrupted. Working adjacent to a warehouse environment, although not in Canada, I should be more sensitive to the nature of the spots, but they are funny. They might be the funniest thing I have seen come from our neighbors to the north since DeGrassi Jr. High (the original series) or Kids in the Hall. There has to be a happy medium between catastrophic events and paper cuts that could get the point across better.

In other horrifying internet discoveries . . . put in your home or work address at FelonSpy.com and see how close by your local "1st degree Sodomy" convict lives. I can only wonder how long it will be before the ACLU shuts this one down, despite the fact that it is all Public Record.

While I'm driving the "fear" bus. Looks like the Cold War is about to get started back up. According to Reuters, both China and Russia have expressed concerns about us shooting down our dead/dying spy satellite with a missile. I'm worried between this and the lunar eclipse we are destined to have cloudy skies that night and I will miss all of the excitement.

As promised, I am going for a hobby change. Tonight after diligently riding the trainer, I am giving up cycling for the rest of the evening to watch Arsenal v. Manchester United while eating Fish and Chips over at GB's. Bollocks!

1 comment:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.