Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mmmmm . . . Cricket Burger

I am on the record (just ask Brian at work) for saying that Quentin Thomas would be good for at least five turnovers. Nick said it best in his message of condolence, "It's all about tournament time chumps, I don't see Duke making it to the Elite Eight . . ." He is going to make a fine attorney some day.

Fortunately I was able to eat some good recovery food last night, high quality beef, cooked to a perfect medium. I love the fact that the Cherry Cricket will sell you a burger cooked rare. I'd never order it or eat it, but at least you know they have some confidence in their beef no being tainted.

Tuesday's workout continues to exact its revenge on my legs. Last night was a quasi recovery workout but there were a couple efforts in the first half of it. Those five minute efforts felt mighty fine on the time trial bike, a feeling I'm trying to get familiar with. If I get tires glued up in time and if the weather cooperates, I plan on hitting up the Chilly Cheeks Duathalon Series on February 16th for kicks. The "race" would be the Cherry Creek TT course followed by a four mile run.

I am still waiting for the hole across the street from me to cave in with the freeze/thaw cycles the dirt is going through, but nothing yet. The front end loader hasn't even moved. I think Chad and I are correct in the theory that some GC said "Hurry up and dig!" and some Excavator responded, "OK!" knowing full well that he would leave his equipment on site longer and charge the GC to the hilt for it. I love how shady and predictable the construction world is.

EARLY MORNING UPDATE: We have action as of 7:20 AM! In other news, bagel with Nutella gooood.

1 comment:

Steve Daniels said...

Two words for you UNC fans: Ha Ha.