Friday, February 29, 2008

Here It Is

As promised, more on the ride for tomorrow. The map below shows part of it as well as elevation gain. I will tack on the ride out to Golden and the ride home which adds another 36 miles from my house. I can already taste the post ride food.


So far the riding partners are Hutchison, Pinkerton, and probably Kendall. If you do not see any blog updates from any of them after Tuesday of next week, send out the search party. The camera battery is charging now so I will try to take plenty of pictures along the way. I am not sure if there are any good donut stops on this route since Daylight Donuts in Idaho Springs is no more.

My estimates on the construction schedule across the street have been pretty accurate so far. Of course the early parts of the job are easy, it isn't until you get into framing and roughs that you find out what a hack the architect is and whether or not your mechanical and electrical contractors are worth anything.

This week they, stripped the forms off the foundation, installed the perimeter drain and sump pit, and applied the damp proofing to the concrete.


Based on the window wells on site, it looks like there should be some backfilling action today. Also based on the window wells, it looks like the final product will be a mid-range duplex. The higher end ones go for precast window wells so you don't look out on corrugated steel that usually gets all sorts of beat up in the construction process.


I'm hoping marketing materials will come out soon so I can see a rendering of the place. I hope it doesn't block my view of the mountains . . . funny story, ask me sometime.

1 comment:

Joey said...

What am I getting myself into? I guess I haven't felt like I was about to die since...last Saturday when I was out on a ride with...YOU!

DAM!