Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So Starts a New Season

It was good to catch up with the teammates who were able to make it out in the snow to the team meeting last night. Sounds like the usual challenges exist, locking in sponsorship, finalizing clothing design, ordering, etc. I can do little but train in the basement and look at the snow piling up outside. The obvious goal personally, is to improve on last season's results, locally and at Masters' Worlds as well. August seems a long way away right now, but I think tonight's workout will bring a good dose of reality and will require my full attention.

Speaking of full attention . . . driving the lump below to work was a death defying experience, driving down Broadway . . . Broadway!! My car finally went into the shop yesterday and Enterprise was nice enough to "hook me up" with the upgrade to a PT Cruiser over the Kia they were supposed to give me. My initial thought was not to complain as the experience is costing me a whopping $.86 per day after Amica gets done paying their part, but after driving the thing last night and today, I will be more than happy to give it back. It doesn't even have an e-brake tight enough to induce the tail slide when desired. I was instructed to drive it in a "respectful manner", anybody have any tips?


There's some untimely action on the job site across the street from my house. Having been in construction a few days myself, I wouldn't want to start digging a hole right now . . . a) frost is bad, you can't put footers on frost, your house will heave, b) when it warms up later this week that hole will be a giant swamp. If anybody wants to come over and get in some WWF mud pit action, I'm in.


Newsflash! Cats are silly. Lou will crawl into anything be it a suitcase, cardboard box, laundry hamper, you name it.


I wish Dempsey had a PhD or some advanced certification so I had an actual foot to stand on. Oh, look how smart he is! He knows where his food is! Good boy!


And so starts a new season. Looking on the bright side of things, shoveling the sidewalk counts as a core workout. Am I right?

1 comment:

KarmaTee said...

You are right. I feel like pilates would be a total waste of time right about now.