Friday, February 1, 2008

Sometimes

Parts of yesterday's post were very timely. A friend of a friend was the recipient of anonymous bashing through blog comments which just goes to show a)people aren't really that nice, b)the blog world is very wide reaching, don't believe me just get a site meter, and c)somethings are better left unsaid. There are a million topics for musings, daily ramblings, whatever you want to call them, but read a) - c) again.

I am, and have for a long time been, what most people would consider a raging cynic, but I like to see it as being gloomily realistic. People for the most part suck either through lack of sense, social graces, or regard for the consequences of their actions. I have maintained this outlook not only because of my experiences, but also because I'd rather be pleasantly surprised on occasion by the behaviors of others than continually disappointed.

Ask me about politics and the experiences of a young man as executive director of a non-profit dealing with politically charged issues sometime, but make sure you have a comfy chair and a beverage in hand.

A friend sent this along to me, read and reflect. I'll be back to visit the subject at a later date.

If you haven't read the article yet, read it and then do with the picture what you like.


I'll be interested to see the comments. On a lighter note . . . Bring on the weekend already!

1 comment:

KarmaTee said...

Anonymity is a bitch. On the one hand, the people who know you have a blog read it and hopefully, nothing there is news to them. On the other hand, knowing that certain people read definitely makes for interesting editing.
As for adolescent men, I would say that yeah, on the whole, young men are different than their parents. On the other hand, so what? Young women are, too. I have enjoyed THE HELL out of my 20s, and I know for that having a family, a mortgage, etc. would have precluded me from taking important risks and doing a lot of the stuff I have gotten to do, and it would have changed who I am today. Maybe not in a bad way, but there's something to be said for taking your time growing up. I look at friends of mine who married in their early 20s, and I wonder if they really know who they are. Or if they have an identity beyond their marriage. Of course, I wonder if I have an identity beyond my career, which has been the major focus of my life thus far. Who knows. All that is ever true is that no one characterization is ever accurate for a whole category of people-- 20-something men included.