Monday, February 4, 2008

Never A Dull Moment

"Never a dull moment" said the shampoo bottle to Seth. I can only ask myself, "What does Proctor&Gamble know that I don't, outside of large business practices and international marketing?" How can my shampoo be that exciting?

Instead of watching the Super Bowl (although I did catch the last 60 seconds which looked pretty exciting) I watched Dogma again and it made me laugh. Now I have to rely on others to tell me which commercials were funny so I can waste time scouring YouTube today instead of preparing submittals for whatever project we have coming up at work. I guess I missed out on all sorts of SB celebration, food, camaraderie, and whatnot, but oh well. I also missed UNC almost blow it, barely eeking out an overtime victory against FSU. I did get to eat steak with a mushroom and red wine reduction sauce and it was good. Try roasting broccoli with parmesan cheese sometime, I'll give you the recipe, it was good too.

All in all the weekend wasn't too shabby. Thanks to Joey Brenner for dragging me out to ride yesterday, it was much warmer than I expected and roads that I never imagined clear were in much better condition than the street in front of my house. On top of that, thanks to Dennis Farrell for kicking my ass up ever hill we rode. This isn't a case of ageism or anything, but I hate you!

The party Saturday night was amusing in unexpected ways. The range of attendees was all over the place with a few familiar faces and some total randoms. I guess that's what happens when a party gets so big that the invite goes international (just hypothesizing on that one). Jessie told me that the party began as a group of friends who wanted to throw a party and get their red out prior to Valentine's Day . . . when we are all liable to wear black anyways. I can't wait to catch up with Jessie next week, after a year and a half of near misses and busted plans. We talked in the past of putting together a group to scour Denver for real cultural experiences but never got around to it. All the while I have been getting dumber by the day, thanks Jessie.

Tonight is the first team meeting of the year for the Tokyo Joe's Cycling Team, the road edition, I can't speak for the mountain bike team. We'll see how that goes . . . all I want to know is what color tires will my new bike have?

No comments: