Monday, February 18, 2008

Must be the $$$!

I love it when somebody tries to save a buck at my expense. I called to check on the status of my car, not because I think the PT Cruiser is a worthless P.O.S. or anything, but because Dempsey looks better rolling in the V-Dub. As I was forewarned, the insurance called for a "reconditioned" front bumper cover meaning they take one that was in another accident, do some magic plastic welding, and sell it for a few bucks less than a new, OEM bumper cover. Stuttgart Auto Body told me the price difference was about $30 and that they reconditioned parts are usually so sub-par that they will not install and paint them because they have to warranty their work. Great to know . . .

Reconditioned part comes in, shows to be failing at all repair points already, OEM part gets ordered, but is on backorder. It is scheduled to come in today which puts completion of my car somewhere towards the middle of the week. The PT Cruiser is only paid for through today by the insurance company. Winners in this situation . . . uh, Enterprise, because they are getting paid no matter what. The insurance company didn't save anything, I didn't save anything, Stuttgart had to waste time putzing around with parts they knew would be problematic. Thanks, that's great, rant complete.

I am still waiting for the promoter of VOS to post results from yesterday's race. Inquiring minds want to know how the race finished, who won the crit, if there were any new time gaps, and how many of my friends Zack Morris beat. The turtle race is on! What will get to the web first, the results of VOS or the start list for KHTT? I'd be willing to wager the cost of my PT Cruiser rental that the latter will not be posted by the time I get my car back. What does "later next week" really imply?

No comments: