Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Take that!

Mike is all the way over on the other side of the world for the Tour of Langkawi, but he still hurts me. Last night's workout will make me strong, but this morning the result is something closer to me walking with an old man shuffle. I won't go in to coaching philosophies or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure my workout yesterday was better than yours. Working on power in time trial position definitely hurts, but I want to be faster this season so whatever it takes (within the legal realm that is). The time trial bike looks nice hanging in the basement, I guess it is time to get positioning dialed in and get some pictures posted.

On the subject of bragging rights, the Carolina/Duke basketball game is on tonight. I am not going to lie and say that I have full confidence in the Tarheels, watching the game will be a very nervous exercise. Not only did they lose a key point guard in the game against FSU, but they have shown the ability to choke with the best of them. Not that anybody in the state of Colorado cares about college basketball (read rant from weeks ago).

Back in my school days this was a big deal. When I was at public school in Chapel Hill there was less to worry about because everybody was from Chapel Hill and if you weren't a Carolina fan you were pretty much on your own. My private school experience was much different. There were NC State fans, Duke fans, Carolina fans, and the occasional Wake Forest fan. The outcome of a wider variety of ACC hoops games had much more severe consequences in terms of playground tauntings. I expect the only person who will chime in on this one is Steve. Shut your word hole . . . just wanted to get that out of the way.

4 comments:

Steve Daniels said...

UNC is the Evil Empire of men's college basketball. Most of us non-UNC fans that live near Chapel Hill take it on the chin more often than not. Therefore, we adopt an ABC (Anyone But Carolina) fan policy. Along that line of thought, I'll be pulling for Duke tonight even though I'm a fan of NC State. Actually I'd be a bigger fan of the asteroid that crashed into the Dean Dome tonight and crushed both teams...now where is my telescope?!?

Jonathan Evans said...

Go Duke.

Seth Rubin said...

You are so on the list now . . . right up near the top too.

Mark Simpson said...

Carolina sucks!

I think the moniker of Crazy T has gone beyond a nickname...he truly is insane.